Garden Days 2023 presented by Scotts Canada
Time to Live the Garden Life and Celebrate Canada’s Garden Culture!
Garden Celebration Themes
Garden Days 2023 presented by Scotts Canada starts May 19, and goes until June 18.
How will you Live the Garden Life and celebrate your Garden Days?
Here are some ideas:
- However you Live the Garden Life in 2023, enter the Garden Days Contest for your chance to WIN a Scotts Canada Prize Pack. Simply share your Garden Days story on Social Media with a photo of you gardening, your garden or while at a public garden with the hashtag #GardenDaysContest to be entered.
- It’s time to share your love and passion for gardening with your children, family members and friends who are new to gardening. Help inspire them by introducing them to your gardens at home.
Take a Garden Road Trip with your family and explore a public garden on Canada’s Garden Route. See what you’ll discover, learn and experience!
- Live the Garden Life and Make a Difference for our environment. Plant a tree for shade. Create a rain garden to help conserve water. Plant native plants to attract pollinators to your garden. Every action you take is a positive climate action for Canada.
Plant Purple in 2023. Purple is a colour that symbolizes nobility, creativity, wisdom, pride, and magic. There are many stunning purple plants to choose from. Which ones will you be growing in your garden this year?
- Visit a garden centre, your best resource for plants, products and expert advice to help you grow your garden.
If you belong to a garden organization, register a Garden Hero to recognize their garden leadership in your community.
- Live the Garden Life and Make a Difference for your physical health and mental well-being by exercising in the garden, or exercising by gardening. Or you can go for a bike ride or a walk in a garden and get your workout that way. Find your “mellow”. Whether it’s yoga, meditating, or just relaxing with a good book, peaceful time in the garden is good for your soul.
Next time you travel and visit a new community, view it through Garden-Friendly City eyes and see if you can discover the value of tree-lined streets, living green streetscapes, and garden-friendly patios.
If you belong to a school, business, library, medical facility, or any organization that supports the benefits of gardens and gardening, become a Live the Garden Life Friend.
- Volunteer at a community garden. Help your neighbours reap the benefits of fresh produce.
- Join a local garden club or horticultural society. It’s a wonderful way to learn more about gardens and gardening, make new friends, and participate in fun and educational activities.
- Live the Garden Life and Make a Difference for your family’s health and the environment by growing a sustainable edible garden. Not only will you produce nutritious and delicious food, your garden will help to lower the carbon footprint of traditional food distribution.
- Give a plant or flower to a friend just to show you care.
Saturday June 17th It’s National Garden Day and time to celebrate Garden Days. In your garden, or visiting a garden, it’s your day to have fun and stop and smell the blooms!
- Sunday June 18th: It’s time to celebrate Father’s Day with family at a garden activity. Why not have a backyard garden BBQ with his favorite garden cocktail, or a family picnic in a garden.
- Last chance to enter the Garden Days Contest for your chance to WIN a Scotts Canada Prize Pack. Simply share your Garden Days story on Social Media with a photo of you gardening, your garden or while at a public garden with the hashtag #GardenDaysContest to be entered.